Join Our Tutor Team!
Tutors are needed to help provide free tutoring to low-income students in second through fourth grade from local schools. Volunteer tutors provide one-on-one or small group literacy tutoring with lesson plans that align to the Indiana State Standards. Children will read aloud, work on comprehension, writing and vocabulary daily.
The positive impact you can create is undeniable--we’d love to have you!
- Tutors receive training, and all lesson plans and supplies are provided.
- 3 site options: Any availability you have during the following times would be welcome.
- Notre Dame Center for Arts and Culture, 1045 W. Washington (3:00-4:00, Mon-Thurs.)
- Robinson Community Learning Center, (3:00-5:00, Mon-Thurs.)
- Wilson Primary School, 56660 Oak Rd (2:45-5:30, Mon-Thurs.)
- Students are from low-income families, and they are struggling academically.
- Work study funds are available for pre-qualified IUSB, Notre Dame and Holy Cross students.
- Carpools are arranged for easy transit.
CLICK HERE to JOIN US.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Wittenbrink Ortega at the Robinson Community Learning Center, 574-631-9432
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LiteracyCorpsRCLC