The Robinson Community Learning Center is committed to meeting the educational needs of our participants as well as to providing a safe and healthy environment in which to learn. Given the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, these needs must be carefully balanced. To that end the RCLC has developed and implemented a re-opening plan that allows for a safe and gradual return to in-person programming.
The RCLC re-opening plan was developed in accordance with the guidelines provided by the University of Notre Dame, the St. Joseph County Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control, and will continue to be updated and revised as necessary.
The following policies and procedures are being currently implemented at the RCLC:
- Health screenings, including temperature checks, are required prior to entering the RCLC facility. Anyone who does not clear the health screening will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Any participant, volunteer or staff member who is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms must return home, and cannot return to the Center until ten days since the onset of symptoms (and fever free without medication for three days) unless they return with a doctor’s note of clearance or negative results of a COVID test.
- Any participant, volunteer, or staff member that has tested positive for COVID or has been directly exposed to COVID must quarantine for 14 days before returning to the Center.
- Masks must be worn by all staff, participants, and volunteers at all times throughout the RCLC
- Physical distancing of at least six feet must be observed at all times
- Room capacity limits have been reduced to allow for physical distancing
- Designated spots for sitting or waiting in line are clearly marked throughout the Center
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in all classrooms, and participants will be asked to use them upon entering
- Non-participants, including parents, will not be allowed to enter the building during programming
- Regular sanitizing procedures will be conducted throughout the day in each classroom
- Parents of participating youth are required to sign a parent agreement that confirms they will adhere to RCLC COVID-related policies and procedures.