Links to More Information
You are your baby’s first and most important teacher. Want to learn more about how you can lay good foundations for talking, thinking, social skills and emotional health? Click on the underlined words below for links to some great information, tips, and ways to have fun TALKING WITH YOUR BABY.
From Talaris Institute™:
- A great resource for parents that used to cost $20, but now it’s free: a developmental timeline, birth to age five, with options to click for more detailed information
- Research on early childhood development
- Funny and informative parenting videos
- Can talking “parentese”make your baby smarter?
- How much TV should your baby watch?
From Zero to Three®:
- More about your baby’s brain
- Your baby’s development 2 to 6 months
- Tips on helping your baby learn to talk
- Songs, rhymes and fingerplay in English and Spanish
- Interactive: school readiness begins at birth
- The power of play
- Free Parent Brochures and Guides
From Children of the Code:
- An interview with Dr. Todd Risley about the research that inspired Talk With Your Baby.
- General parenting information from HeadStart
From Memorial BrainWorks:
- Presentations on child brain development by local experts
- Entertaining and informative animated video on early childhood brain development featuring “Doc Cortex”
- BrainGames, Episode 1, a production of Memorial BrainWorks and WNIT Public Television: a fun and educational game show on early childhood brain development
For parenting tips and activities you can do with your child, go to PNC Grow Up Great.